At EyeLights, the protection of your personal data is a priority.
When you use our CAPTAIN RIDER application (hereinafter the “Application”), we may collect personal data about you.
1. Who is the data controller?
The Data controller is EyeLights, a simplified joint-stock company, registered with the Registry of Trade and Companies of Toulouse under the number 819 514 118 and whose head office is located at 308 Allée du Lac, 31670, Labège (hereinafter “Us” or “We”).
2. What personal data we collect?
Personal data is a data that identifies an individual directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name.
We may collect the following personal data:
- Identification data - in particular your name, surname, email address, postal address, telephone number, your photo;
- Login data - in particular logs, date of account creation;
- Data relating to your Application calls - in particular the start date of the voice call as well as the end date.
When using our Application, we may use your approximate location data (in particular speed, longitude, latitude, altitude) in order to (i) use the adaptive volume functionality of the Application according to your accelerations and braking and (ii) to share your location with the other users. This data is used when you are using the Application and when the Application is in the background. This personal data is only used with your express consent.
In addition, if you authorize us to do so, we will collect the personal data of your contacts available in your device’s phonebook (i.e. their phone number and email address) so that you can directly find them in our Application and get in touch with them more easily.
Mandatory personal data are indicated when you provide us with your personal data. They are indicated with an asterisk and are necessary to provide you with our services.
3. On what legal basis, for what purposes and for how long do we keep your personal data?
|Purposes||Legal basis||Data retention period|
|Provide our services available on our Application (personalize your EyeRide experience and the ability to make group calls accross the mobile data network)||Performance of a contract to which you are a party||Your personal data is retained for the duration of your account and is increased by a period of 3 years after the deletion of your account.
If your account is inactive for a period of 2 years, your account will be deleted.
Personal data may be archived for probationary purposes for a period of 5 years.
|Improve your user experience by using the adaptive volume functionality of the Application according to your accelerations and braking||Your consent||The data is not retained.|
|Share your location with the other users of the Application||Your consent||The data is not retained.|
|Constitute a database of customers||Our legitimate interest in developing and promoting our business||The personal data is retained for the duration of the business relationship and is deleted after 3 years from the end of the business relationship.|
|Answer to your information request||Our legitime interest in providing you with a quality service||The personal data is retained during the processing of your request and is deleted once the request has been processed.|
|Manage data subject’s requests in order to exercise their rights||Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations||If we ask you a proof of identity: we only retain it for the time necessary to verify your identity. Once the verification has been carried out, the proof is deleted.|
4. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Could have access to your personal data:
- The authorized staff of our company
- Our sub-processors: hosting provider, CRM tool
- If applicable: public and private organizations, exclusively to comply with our legal obligations.
5. Are your personal data likely to be transferred outside the European Union?
Your personal data is hosted for the duration of the processing on the servers of the company AMAZON WEB SERVICES, located in the European Union.
As part of the tools, we use (see article 4 on the recipients concerning our sub-processors), your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union. The transfer of your personal data in this context is secured by means of the following safeguards:
- The personal data is transferred to a country that has been recognized as ensuring an adequate level of protection by a decision of the European Commission
- Specific contract has been executed with our sub-processors for the transfer of your personal data outside the European Union, based on the Standard Contractual Clauses between a controller and a processor approved by the European Commission
- Appropriate safeguards as defined in the applicable regulation has been put in place.
6. What rights do you have regarding your personal data?
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right of access: you have the right to access all your personal data at any time
- Right to rectification: you have the right to rectify your inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete personal data at any time
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain cases stated in art.18 of the GDPR
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”): you have the right to request that your personal data be deleted and to prohibit any future collection
- Right to file a complaint to a competent supervisory authority (in France, the CNIL), if you consider that the processing of your personal data constitutes a breach of applicable regulations
- Right to define instructions related to the retention, deletion and communication of your personal data after your death
- Right to data portability: under specific conditions, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided us in a standard machine-readable format and to require their transfer to the recipient of your choice
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. Please note however that we may continue to process your personal data despite this opposition for legitimate reasons or for the defense of legal claims.
You can exercise these rights by writing us using the contact details below. We may ask you on this occasion to provide us with additional information or documents to prove your identity.
7. Contact information for data privacy matters
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact address: EyeLights, 308 Allée du Lac, Lake Park, 31670, Labège, France.
Entry into force: 01/04/2021